Summer fruits give a lot of play to incorporate into cakes. Try this juicy apricot cake, once the filling is made, it is covered with the homemade dough and everything is baked.
- 1 kg ripe apricots
- 200g of flour
- 250g butter
- 100g of sugar
- 1 egg
- Clean, peel the apricots, and remove the bones. Place them in a bowl with two tablespoons of sugar and let rest for 2-3 hours. Then put them in the oven, preheated to 200 °C for 10 minutes and let cool.
- Mix the flour + egg + 150 g of butter + 1 tablespoon of lukewarm water and a little salt. Knead until there is a homogeneous mass and reserve in the refrigerator.
- In a pan, introduce the sugar (100 g) and let it caramelize. Add the butter and stir. Put the mixture in a cake mold and put the apricots pressed between them on top.
- Expand the dough on a smooth floured surface and with the help of a rolling pin form a circle the size of the cake. Once done, put it on top of the apricots, folding the corners.
- Put it in the preheated oven at 180 °C and let it cook for about 30 min. Remove the cake and let it rest for about 30 min. You only need to remove it from the mold and it will be ready to serve!