Benefits sweet potato
The sweet potato, the star vegetable of autumn and of the Castañada is a sweet tuber and very good for your health that you can enjoy in the months of October and November.
- Rich in carbohydrates: thanks to its high content, it is a food that gives us a lot of energy.
- Vitamins: it is a vegetable rich in vitamins A, C, E and B9, perfect for strengthening the immune system.
- Magnesium: it contains an important amount that helps the formation of bones and cartilage.
Benefits of sweet potatoes:
1. Strengthens the immune system: it is an autumn and winter vegetable that helps reduce colds and flus, due to its high content of Vitamin A, C and B9,
2. It contributes to the good condition of the bones because it is rich in magnesium. A portion of 100 grams provides a quarter of what is needed per day.
3. It protects the health of the sight and the skin due to its high content in vitamin A and E.
4. It provides energy, vegetable very rich in complex carbohydrates and sugars.
Tips for preserving sweet potatoes:
The best way to keep them longer is to store them in the pantry without direct light. This way they will last between 7 and 10 days.
Curiosities about sweet potatoes:
- Did you know that sweet potato is healthier than potato? It is richer in micronutrients and has a higher fiber content. But where the real difference lies is in the way we cook it, always better boiled, roasted or baked than fried.
- If you cook it at a low temperature and for a long period of time it will be sweeter.
With all this information now it only remains to encourage you to eat this seasonal vegetable full of benefits for your health. Eat sweet potato for lunch or as a snack with this great sweet potato chips recipe, easy to make and incorporate into your dishes.
Find the best organic sweet potatoes in season at BonaTerra through our app or our online store!